The word “trust” is used throughout our society, both personally and professionally. Individuals trust others in different ways – personality, past experiences, job functions, and responsibilities tend to influence how we tend to trust. This program explores all of these factors for trust.
- What is trust?
- What are some characteristics of trust?
- What are some qualities or attributes in a person that cause you to TRUST him or her?
- What are some qualities or attributes in a person that cause you to DISTRUST him or her?
Explore the ways that professionals extend, build, sustain, and restore trust.
Key Learning Concepts
There are four ways that professionals (and people in general) extend trust:
- Trust no matter what
- Trust until proven otherwise
- Trust but verify
- Trust only if no other choice
The best professionals “trust but verify” and establish communication that their trust is received and recognized.
|Pre-Training Survey||Pre-Training Reading||Participant Workbook||Interactive Polling|
|Remote Participants||Video Vignettes||Custom Scenarios||Post-Training Tools|