Leader Time® Press is the publishing arm of Priority Thinking, LLC. Founded in 2017 to issue books and materials that help leaders and their teams to recognize, learn, practice and keep sound priorities. Though Leader Time® Press’ very first publishing projects involved books from Priority Thinking founder, Peter DeMarco, our vision is to publish a wide array of books from today’s foremost business and thought leaders, particularly those with a realist approach.
The Good Will Leader
by Peter C. DeMarco
The Good Will Leader provides a robust, comprehensive framework for defining and addressing leadership. The lack of a precise understanding of the nature of leadership has allowed miscommunication, distortions and disturbances in the exercise of authority and leadership.
This book helps leaders to:
- connect with Good Will, the currency of leadership,
- discover qualities essential to exchanging this currency,
- build up their own Good Will accounts, and
- secure authentic Good Will for themselves and their organizations.
by Peter C. DeMarco
To Be Determined
Our research indicates that sound priorities are critical for activating employee potential and maximizing organizational effectiveness and ethics. Priority Thinking helps leaders, employees and teams to recognize, learn, practice and keep sound priorities by, among other things:
- Using proper priority sequences to activate potential by more effectively aligning the parts to the whole of the organization;
- Recognizing and respecting three levels of priorities: (1) Tactical, or day-to-day; (2) Strategic, or towards the leader’s chosen vision; (3) Core, or those defined by nature;
- Learning to identify and deal effectively with four types of prioritizers: Inverters, Absolutists, Depleters, and Optimizers.
Leader Time®: Volume I
Putting Principles into Practice
In this collection of columns, executive coach and ethics educator Peter DeMarco answers real questions from real leaders, ranging from goal-setting to organizational design to employee discipline. DeMarco’s responses provide common sense, easy-to-implement advice that all leaders will find relevant to their daily experience. With an insight or tip on every page, this quick read helps leaders enhance their judgment, effectiveness, and decision-making.
Leader Time®: Volume II
Finding the Ethical Edge
In Vol II of his Leader Time collection, leadership coach and ethics educator Peter DeMarco explores that natural connection between ethical habits, effective leadership and a high-performing organizational culture. Drawn from over three decades of leadership experience, DeMarco’s practical insight cuts through the fog of values talk and sappy, emotive approaches to ethics. Instead of lofty, pie-in-the-sky ethical idealism, readers will discover actionable techniques based on real-world principles that will help leaders improve both their ethics and effectiveness.