Learn how to ethically manage and lead your company through a crisis
Every leader will eventually encounter a crisis within their organization. Preparation and poise in the heat of the moment are key to navigating a situation that is guaranteed to be tumultuous and stressful. Learn from an experienced veteran of crisis, Peter DeMarco, as he discusses how to ethically deal with crises.
What is a crisis? Have you ever experienced a crisis in your professional life? The noun crisis comes from the Latinized form of the Greek word krisis, meaning “turning point, a critical moment.” In this program, a Chief Operating Officer guides participants through a true story of leading through a major crisis while acting ethically, maintaining personal integrity and doing the right thing for shareholders AND stakeholders.
- Importance of a thorough crisis management plan.
- The healthiest organizations understand where their weaknesses exist and their impact on the survival of the firm.
- The best way to prepare for a crisis is to learn how others have handled extreme crises; both effectively and ineffectively.
- Introduce leaders to the nature of crisis.
- Discuss the different types of crises that have occurred in the past within your organization and how the organization has changed as a result.
- Outline the various ways that leaders should respond to a crisis and how they may prevent future crises from occurring.
- Walk through of a real crisis and discussion of the impact of the crisis as it affects the employees, the assets of the firm, and relationships with the customers, shareholders, suppliers and distributors.
|Pre-Event Survey to Jumpstart the Session||Workbook with Articles and Activities||Multimedia Presentation with Short Vignettes|
|Interactive Polling for Engagement||Breakout Group Discussions for Active Participation||Online Toolkit for Continued Development|