Educating Your Emotions
Calm those psychic storms, steady your inner life, and stay focused on the tasks at hand.
Our Educating Your Emotions (EYE) program helps leaders new and experienced to develop the toughness of soul required to face the challenges of today’s marketplace.
Leadership requires a toughness of soul, developed over time as the leader is tested, and tested and tested still more. Often, the leader’s emotions will be strained; he or she will face difficult and risky decisions, and be pushed and pulled in all directions. Yet these decisions, especially the weighty ones, must be made alone. The key to the leader’s development of this toughness is to educate his or her emotions.
- Develop a practical definition of the various emotions
- Identify the various causes of the emotions, especially in the workplace
- Articulate principles for understanding the emotions from an ethical perspective
- Review useful techniques for dealing with various emotions – both yours and others’
- Emotions are difficult but important topics
- Unresolved, ignored, unaddressed, or poorly managed emotions can lead to multiple types of problems
- There are causes or occasions of the various emotions that can be recognized and managed
Peter DeMarco is the founder of Priority Thinking®, where he supports his clients as an executive coach, organizational consultant, ethics facilitator and strategy adviser, helping leaders and their teams achieve significant performance improvements while reducing risks and embedding ethical power into decision making at all levels. Peter also facilitates leadership and ethics education programs for organizations and business schools around the country.
Audience and Duration
The concepts and deliverables from these programs are intended for frontline employees, supervisors, managers, and senior executives.
They are offered in 2 and 4 hour modules.
Includes the Following
- Pre-Training Survey
- Pre-Training Reading
- Participant Workbook
- Interactive Polling
- Remote Participants
- Video Vignettes
- Custom Scenarios
- Post-Training Tools