The Moral Fox Leadership Development Program
Tune your soul and refine your leadership with the lessons learned from the fabled fox.
In his book, Good to Great, author Jim Collins claims that great leaders possess the qualities of a hedgehog. This course introduces leaders to the error of Collins’ advice and why leaders also need the qualities of the fox.
- Participants are introduced to four key ideas to consider when thinking about ethics and a framework for assessing if a good choice is being made by a leader or professional.
- They will develop an understanding of how action is the object of choice, not an end result or material thing.
- Participants are also introduced to techniques for tuning the soul of a leader to handle the stresses of the role, while still making excellent choices.
- Ethics begins with free choice.
- Ethical decisions often involve some difficulty.
- Many free choices in which we seek to do the good are accompanied by some danger, pain or harm.
- There is a direct link between the exercise of free choice and the character of a leader.
- Greatness is built on goodness rather than in opposition to it.
Audience and Duration
The concepts and deliverables from this program are intended for frontline employees, supervisors, managers, and senior executives.
This program is offered in 2 and 4 hour modules.
Includes the Following
- Pre-Training Survey
- Pre-Training Reading
- Participant Workbook
- Interactive Polling
- Remote Participants
- Video Vignettes
- Custom Scenarios
- Post-Training Tools
About the Instructor
Peter DeMarco is the founder of Priority Thinking®, where he supports his clients as an executive coach, organizational consultant, ethics facilitator and strategy adviser, helping leaders and their teams achieve significant performance improvements while reducing risks and embedding ethical power into decision making at all levels. Peter also facilitates leadership and ethics education programs for organizations and business schools around the country.